Custom Display Counter for the King James Bible
We were contacted by Great St. Mary’s the University Church, with a very specific brief and requirement to display a First edition of the King James Bible and 2 books of homilies dating back to around 1550.
We were supplied a rough sketch of requirements and given a details brief to include:
- Unit to be manufactured from solid oak, which would be stained to match the wood in the church
- The top of the case would be flat, so the display could be viewed from above and to also consider disabled visitors to the church
- Lockable storage cabinet underneath with 2 adjustable shelves
- On lockable castors so the unit could be manoeuvred when not on display
- A wooden panel above with 2 high quality pin boards (in a dark colour to match the oak), for displaying text about the bible and for this panel to be on legs attached to the back of the case so that it can be removed if we have to move the case temporarily elsewhere
- Glass to be toughened or laminated and have UV filtering film
- Lockable & secure
After various discussions of suitable solutions and samples of materials to be used supplied to the client were approved, costs were estimated, submitted to client and subsequently signed off for production as per delivery schedule agreed with the client.
“The KJB cabinet is excellent! We are so delighted and appreciative. The delivery went very smoothly.
It is such good quality and the colour is perfect. It fits well in the location we had in mind and being mobile will be a great help too.
Thank you for this splendid cabinet for the long lasting heritage of Great St. Mary’s.
We were delighted too that those involved in its making delivered it and could see the fruits of all their work in situ. We will send you photographs once the KJB and books of homilies are in place.”
Margaret Johnston, Great St. Mary’s the University Church