TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions and any questions, disputes or other matters relating to them will be governed by and determined in accordance with the laws of England.
In these Terms and Conditions “the Company” refers to Access Displays Limited and The Design Shop (Swindon) Limited, “the Customer” and “the Hirer” refer to the party who requests the supply of goods and/or services from the Company.
Terms of Payment
Definition of the term ‘Payment’
Please note that by the term payment we mean cleared funds in our bank account. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept your banks transfer documentation as proof of payment. It is your responsibility to make any transfer or payment in good time in order that your products or project are not delayed or cancelled.
All customers are required to pay 100% of the invoiced value for products and services before production commences or installation/despatch takes place, unless stated otherwise.
We accept payments by posting a company cheque or transfer by BACS, CHAPS, Credit or Debit Card.
Credit Card payment attracts no fee.
For overseas customers, please ensure that any bank or commission charges for international money transfers are not deducted from our invoice total but are paid by you the customer. Full details of our bank are detailed below:
Account name: Access Displays Ltd
Account number: 16256697
Sort code: 60-15-07
IBAN NO : GB73NWBK60150716256697
SWIFT Address : NWBKGB2L
We support payment in Pounds sterling only unless agreement has been made by prior consent. Please note: if bank charges are deducted from our invoice, a £25.00 + VAT surcharge will apply in addition to our original invoice value.
When an online order is placed with us, a confirmation email is automatically sent to the email address entered on the order. Please make sure that your order details and contact information are correct on your quotation or web email confirmation.
All orders will be verified and processed by our sales administration team between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Orders placed during weekends or after 5pm will be processed on the next working day. Delays in processing may occur during public holidays and peak seasons. If you require goods for a specific date, please notify us as soon as possible either by adding a note to your online order (if applicable) or contacting your sales representative at the earliest convenience.
For online orders, we accept payments via SagePay or PayPal using a Debit or Credit Card or PayPal account. You can also request a proforma invoice to be sent to your billing email address.
We use SagePay and PayPal to securely process your online payments and we do not store your card details on our servers.
Bespoke display stands and equipment are strictly subject to 50% payment with order prior to any work commencing, and the remaining 50% is payable immediately on completion of work.
If you are part of a government or educational organisation such as a school, college, university or council we are able to offer 30 day accounts. Please call us on 01793 613088 for more information.
30-day accounts may be opened for regular customers by special arrangement. Please call 01793 613088 for assistance.
Approved credit accounts are subject to settlement in full within the pre agreed time scale as set out on the invoice. The company reserves the right to charge interest at 2% above the bank of England base rate on amounts not paid on the due dates.
Cancelling a bespoke order
If you decide to cancel an order for a bespoke item, you will be charged for any production and any other costs incurred at the discretion of the company.
Non delivery of bespoke items
If we are unable to deliver a bespoke item due to any on site delivery restrictions that we have not been made aware prior to delivery you may incur additional costs such as storage and may be charged for a second delivery.
Exhibition Stand Orders
Exhibition stands are strictly subject to 65% payment with order prior to any work commencing, 25% payable one week before the show and the remaining 10% is payable immediately on completion. In the event of a client’s exhibition taking place within 30 days, the initial deposit reverts to 90% with order.
Please ensure your accounts department do not ignore our invoices. Failure to receive cleared payment can cause delays to your delivery or project.
Withholding of a project, products or service caused by failure to receive payment.
Please note that we reserve the right to withhold the installation or delivery of a project, products or services if we do not receive your payment as cleared funds before the ‘jobs deadline’ for delivery or installation. The term ‘jobs deadline’ means the latest opportunity we have for executing delivery or commencing travel to an installation venue or delivery of products or services. In these circumstances our invoice stands, and we accept no liability for any losses, financial or otherwise, that you may suffer caused by the withholding of the project, products or services.
Please refer any questions you may have to your sales contact or our accounts department.
1) Our prices for goods supplied or work done are based on the cost to us of goods, materials, labour and transport (including the cost of conforming with obligations imposed by statute or Government order) ruling at the date when such prices were agreed. In the event of any increase in such costs after the date of our quotation or agreement and before delivery of the goods or completion of the work we reserve the right to make a corresponding increase in our prices.
2) Orders are accepted, and delivery dates are agreed subject to our being able to secure the necessary labour and materials. We accept no responsibility if delivery of goods or material or the execution of work is delayed or prevented by any cause beyond our control including (but without derogating from the generality of the foregoing).
i.Strike lock – out labour disturbance restriction or ban on overtime.
ii. Cancelation of event for whatever reason.
iii. Education or stoppage of output at the works of makers of any goods or materials required.
iv. Failure by the customer or any third party to observe any of the provisions of the National Labour Agreements issued by the National Joint Council for the Exhibition Electrical joint Industrial Council.
v. Failure by the customer to give instructions or supply necessary drawing in due time.
vi. Failure by any third party including the Organisers or Promoters of any Exhibition to carry out their part of the work or otherwise perform their obligations when required.
3) If we are prevented from delivering goods or materials or executing work by any cause beyond our control the customer shall pay us on a quantum merit basis for any goods or materials supplied and for all work done or other obligations incurred by us on the customer’s behalf. Force Majeure
i. If the customer shall fail to pay any account when due or in the case of death, incapacity, bankruptcy or insolvency of the customer or where the customer is a company in the case of liquidation or the appointment of a receiver, the price of all goods or materials invoiced and/or delivered and the cost of all work already invoiced and/or carried out shall immediately become due and payable and in addition on the occurrence of any such event we shall have the right to cancel forthwith every contract with the customer and/or to retake possession of all property on hire to the customer and/or to suspend delivery of further goods or materials or the execution of further work under the contract without prejudice to our right to recover any loss sustained.
4) Any goods, materials, plant equipment, machinery, or fitting supplied by or through the customer shall be of sound construction and suitable for the purpose for which they are to be used.
5) All goods, materials, plant equipment, machinery and fittings supplied by us in connection with Exhibition stand and fittings shall be on hire to the customer unless otherwise stated. The customer will reimburse us for any loss or damage to any of the same while on hire.
The period of hire shall begin on the date when the customer takes possession of the items to be hired or on the date when the Exhibition opens (Whichever shall be earlier and shall end when the items on hire are collected and removed by us after the close of the Exhibition.
We will enter the Exhibition premises to collect and remove the items on hire as soon as permitted after the close of the Exhibition by the Organisers.
6) Unless otherwise agreed in writing we accept no responsibility for the loss or damage to the Exhibits or any other property entrusted by the customer to our care.
7) The customer will fully and completely indemnify us against all actions, costs, claims and demands whatsoever brought or made against us by any party arising out of the supply or hire by us by reasons of our complying with any Exhibition Conditions save only where the same shall arise by reason of negligence on our part.
8) If there are any issues with the worked supplied by Access Displays, they need be documented to us within 1 week after the event, failure to notify us will deem there to be no issue.
9) Where in the course of the contract work is carried out in existing building or use is made of private roads or paths or other property, we shall be entitled to assume in the absence of written notice to the contrary from the customer that such building, road, paths, and other property are safe and suitable to be used and that all necessary licences have been obtained. We are not responsible for any damage to any such buildings, roads, paths or other property including vehicles and shall be indemnified by the customer against all claims in respect thereof save only where the same shall arise by reason of negligence on our part.
10) The customer will comply with all conditions imposed by the Organisers or Promoters of the Exhibition and shall be solely responsible for obtaining the written consent of such Organisers of Promoters to any modifications or waiver of such Conditions which may be required.
11) We are not liable for any personal injury or injury to property or any other loss or damage, direct or indirect and of whatsoever nature causing by or arising out or:-
i. Delay or failure to deliver goods or materials or to carry out work from any cause beyond our control.
ii. Failure or defect in any goods, materials, plant, equipment, machinery or fittings not manufactured by us.
12) In the event of our incurring additional costs in carrying out work for the customer owing to the alteration of any Exhibition erect and/or dismantling periods or other working conditions unknown to us at the date of our Quotation or the date when contract was entered into we reserve the right to charge the customer with such additional costs.
13) Estimates, designs, drawings, plans, or models prepared by us for information of the customer remain our property and are copyright. They must not in whole or in part be submitted or otherwise made use of by any other party.
14) UK Storage is chargeable at £15.00 per sq. ft and is charged per annum.- Overseas Storage – Price on application
i. Access Displays reserve the right to waiver this charge subject to a guarantee of repeat business based on like for like job.
ii. Access Displays reserve the right if repeat business is not used to back date any un-charged storage to when the goods were last used.
iii. Access Displays reserve the right to instruct scrapping of components if the above details aren’t adhered to. A scrapping charge will be issued at cost.
15) Unless otherwise agreed by us in writing these Terms and Conditions apply to all contracts entered into by us to the exclusion of any terms and conditions contained in the customer’s order which conflict or purport to modify these Terms and Conditions and to the exclusion of any conditions or warranties implied by common law or statute.
16) This quotation is valid for 30 days only from date submitted.
17) This quotation does not constitute an offer capable of acceptance. No contract shall be created unless and until we accept the customer’s order and any such contract shall be exclusively governed by our Standard Terms and Conditions as set out above, unless otherwise agreed, in writing, by both parties.
We always suggest that exhibitors take out their own insurance to cover the costs of shows being cancelled or postponed.
If an event is being postponed to a later date, we will carry any deposit forward until the new dates are known. This is subject to the show being held at the same venue, with the same build and breakdown allowance, and within six months of the original show dates and subject to our availability.
If however an event is cancelled, we implement ‘Force Majeure’. This means that ALL costs incurred during the order process will be charged to the exhibitor as per our terms of conditions. For example, if we book and pay for electrics, and later the show is cancelled, the exhibitor would still be charged.
Graphics and Artwork Approval
In order to keep lead times down, some of our products require approval or rejection within a specified timescale. The products this is applicable to feature a note on the product page as well as a message within the online order confirmation. Please ensure the email address on the order is correct and that someone will be ready to approve or reject the artwork as this is where the proof will be sent to. Access Displays cannot be held liable for artwork which has automatically been printed due to no response from the supplied email address. Please contact your account manager for larger more complicated graphics projects regarding artwork and printing lead times as we will not accept any liability for delivery delays if artwork and print deadlines have been missed. Rush charges and overtime may be charged at our discretion. All graphic production is subject to sight of artwork and approval of a final proof. We cannot guarantee matching previous graphic production due to material and technology changes.
For guaranteed time deliveries of products on our websites, there will be a nominal charge. By taking delivery of the product the customer shall be deemed to have examined the product and to have found it in good order and condition and reasonably fit for its purpose. Should the product be received damaged or in an un-satisfactory condition, notification to the Company must be made within 24 hours of delivery. Any loss or damage not notified within the stipulated time period will be paid for in full by the customer. Any package delivered in a damaged condition MUST be recorded on the carrier’s delivery note and the company informed immediately. If the company agrees a specific delivery date with the customer, the customer must take delivery as agreed. Failure to take delivery will result in any storage and/or re-delivery charges incurred by the company being recharged to the customer in full. Failure to take delivery does not result in cancellation of an order.
Non delivery of orders
If we are unable to deliver an item due to any onsite delivery restrictions that we have not been made aware of you may incur additional costs or charged for a second delivery.
Returns Policy and Cancelling an Order
Under the United Kingdom’s Distance Selling Regulations, the consumer (an individual for personal use and not a business) has the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any standard product, not made to order and not including graphics production or print, within seven working days of receipt of goods or the start of the contract (whichever is the longer).
The consumer must inspect the condition of the goods immediately upon receipt and report in writing within 48 hours from such inspection to Access Displays Ltd, this should detail (and photographic evidence be provided where necessary) any damage or discrepancies of goods. Most of our products are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty, however this is void should any modifications or repairs be carried out by the Customer without prior approval. If any goods are damaged upon receipt, we will endeavour to replace or repair them as quickly as possible if you let us know within 24hours of receipt. In some situations, we will loan equivalent products for the duration of your show, but this is subject to suitable products being available at that time. Where possible immediate feedback should be given to your sales representative. If the buyer fails to give such notes, the condition of the said goods shall be deemed to be in all respects in accordance with the contract and the Buyer shall be bound to accept and pay for the same accordingly.
Orders can only be cancelled prior to despatch, once goods have been despatched, handling, re-packaging, replacement of damaged components, re-stocking and all transport charges will be chargeable. Under no circumstances will we accept returns that do not have their original packaging. Non-standard products that are being specifically designed or manufactured to your specification are not returnable, this includes items which are non-stock colours. Please contact the sales team for more details and to find out whether the product you are interested in is made to order.
Upon receipt of returned goods and subject to inspection, payment to the value of the goods as per our invoice will be refunded.
Access Displays Ltd makes strenuous efforts to deliver best quality products and results on time every time. However, we ask you to note that the company does not accept liability for costs incurred due to delay or failure of its product unless agreed in writing. In all circumstances the company’s liability is limited to that of the value of the product on the company’s sales invoice.
Hire Equipment Terms
Hired equipment remains the responsibility of the hirer between the dates agreed or until returned to Access Displays Ltd or when it is due to be collected. All hired goods must be insured accordingly for loss or damage. By taking delivery of the equipment the hirer shall be deemed to have examined the equipment and to have found it in good order and condition and reasonably fit for its purpose. Should the goods be received damaged or in an un-satisfactory condition, notification to the Company must be made immediately. We cannot guarantee a like for like replacement for any item on hire as all hire equipment is subject to availability.
Any loss or damage not notified immediately will be paid for in full by the hirer. Damage includes but is not limited to the use of Pins/Staples or Blu-tac on Display Boards and Panel Systems and will result in the Hirer being charged for the replacement or repair of the boards as necessary. The hirer will fully and completely indemnify us against all actions, costs, claims and demands whatsoever brought or made against the Company, by any party arising out of the hire by us to the customer of any goods, materials, fittings and packaging save only where the same shall arise by reason of negligence on our part. In the event of hire equipment not being returned by the specified date, or not being available for collection on the pre-arranged date, the Company reserves the right to charge up to 100% of the total invoice value for each overdue day and recharge any re-collection costs imposed by our couriers. Should the hire be cancelled between 10 days and 48 hours before the hire commences, a cancellation fee of 50% will be charged, if cancelled 48 hours or less before the hire commences, a cancellation fee of 100% will be charged in addition to any costs incurred by the Company. No liability shall attach to the company for any delay in the delivery of the equipment due to unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond its control.
Samples & Colour Swatches
If you require sample products for assessment and evaluation purposes, please contact our sales team. We charge for carriage and ask you to organise and pay for its return. The goods will only be charged for if they fail to return as agreed or return damaged. Colour swatches provided by the Company are for guidance only. Please note: Slight colour variations may occur from batch to batch.
Information for charities
If you are a charity and are exempt from VAT, we will need proof of this in the form of a VAT certificate. If you do not hold one, or require further information on this, please speak to one of our sales advisors on 01793 613088.
The customer shall comply with all regulations and conditions imposed by any exhibition organiser, promoter, hall owner or local or other authority and shall be responsible for obtaining their written consent to any modification thereto or waiver thereof as may be necessary to enable the Company to perform the service.
All Exhibition stand drawings and designs, Web site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other material on this Web site are copyright of ACCESS DISPLAYS UK Ltd. and its affiliates, or their content and technology providers. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Model variation and design changes, price and availability information is subject to change without notice. All prices are shown excluding VAT (unless stated otherwise). Delivery timescales displayed on this website, on our literature and quotations are based on working days and are subject to stock availability as well as production schedules. The company does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in any, or all, of its publications and quotations nor on its website, and reserves the right to change information, specifications and descriptions without prior notice.
Thank you for choosing to use ACCESS DISPLAYS UK for all your exhibition needs.